Countdown!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dr. Appointment - 30 weeks - Castellion

Starting the every two week appointments now. Normal appointment, heart rate was 152 and blood pressure was good. Apparently when I took my glucose test they tested my iron levels. They are low and they mailed me a prescription for iron pills. Little did they know I can't swallow pills. We can thank grandpa for that one! So I asked if they have a liquid option. The nurse said that they do and to ask the doctor. Well she looked at me like I had three heads. I said the nurse just told me about it. Apparently her kids were prescribed it. Yes, I have to take meds for kids! However the nurse said that my level is supposed to be around 34 and mine is right at 33.7. So I may skip the meds and just try a diet high in iron. We'll see how that goes. I get a recheck in a month.
We also talked about scheduling my c-section. She is putting in the paperwork for July 18. That is the earliest that they will schedule it. The surgery scheduler is going to call within the next few weeks to confirm. Kinda crazy that I was 11 days late with Haven and thought I would be pregnant forever and now I'm actually going to have his one before my due date! And in 8 weeks on top of that! I need to get things done!
Next appointment is June 4 with Dr. Barnes.

No comments:

Post a Comment