Countdown!

Monday, May 14, 2012

29 week Doctor's Appointment -Reynolds - 5.11.2012

So I saw Dr. Reynolds at my visit on Friday.  I went in at 2pm and drank my lovely "fruit punch" sugar water drink and then had a regular appointment.  I swear, they want you to drink that stuff in 5 minutes.  Both times I have had another girl sitting next to me and they chug that stuff!  How do they do that?  I am amazed that anyone can drink that stuff that quickly.  Not me...I take my whole 5 minutes.  And it's really not that bad. 
So, when I went in to see the doc we talked more about me scheduling a c-section.  I have been doing a lot of thinking about it and talking to others about it and it just makes the most sense.  I mean unless Dr. Reynolds can tell me that this babe is going to be significantly smaller than Haven was (which he could not at the appointment), then what is the point in even trying when my odds are real slim?!  So, he said that we can take a look at the schedule at my next appointment (5.21.10) and get it on the calendar.  They will not schedule it before 39 weeks, which is July 18.  He said that we will probably have good luck getting it for that day since it's so far out.  We'll see next Monday.  I asked if I could request a certain doctor to do it or was the "on-call" doctor the one that will do it.  He said that I can request a certain doctor if I would like, and they would have to see if that works for the doctor.  So we'll see about that one too.  Dr. Barnes did a good job with Haven, so I might ask him to do it again.  I need to talk to the Hub's about that too.
He also said that if I happen to go into labor before the c-section date and the babe is smaller in size then I totally have the option to try and deliver vaginally.  It will be up to me.  But if she is anything like her brother, she won't be in any hurry to get out of there. 
I haven't heard anything from the doctor's office and I would assume that I would have by now if I failed my test.  So it's looking like I'm in the clear! 
Next appointment is 5.21.2012.  I am every two weeks now.  Man, this is flying by!

Update: The doctor's office just called and all my labs look good.  I passed the sugar test!  They also said that I needed to have my Rhogam shot within 10 days of them testing me for the antibodies.  I have to have this shot because I have O- blood type.  I will be getting that at my appointment on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment